US President Barack Obama endorsed Kenya as a tourist destination, naming Lamu as his best choice in his next visit to the country as a private citizen.
President Obama, who ended his Kenyan visit last evening, said he would like to visit the Masaai Mara and Serengeti national parks and climb Mt Kilimanjaro.
“They are magical places," he said in an interview with a local radio station yesterday in Kenyatta University.
“After my engagement to Michelle we toured Lamu and did some fishing there. I would not mind going back there.”
Obama said that despite his various successes as the US President, his administration is still faced with the menace of guns being held by the wrong people.
“My greatest regret is that I have not had much impact on reducing gun violence in my term. The positive thing is that I still have 18 months and I am still energetic to play my role,” he said.
Obama said his administration is focused on raising wages, which have stagnated for several months in the US.
The President jetted out of the country to Ethiopia for a meeting with other regional leaders, including President Uhuru Kenyatta, in Addis Ababa to discuss the South Sudan situation among other things.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.