Pesticide manufacturer Cooper Kenya has opened a three star hotel along Waiyaki Way in Nairobi.
The the hotel called Qaribu Inn sits on 2.92 acres of land owned by the firm.
Qaribu Inn manager, Joseph Nguiguti said the hotel is targeting conference and transit business from travellers as its strategically located along the Nairobi-Nakuru highway.
“The hotel owners felt it was better to put up a property on the land rather than sell it in order to fill the gap in accommodation services,” he said in an interview.
The hotel has 61 guest rooms and a conference hall with a capacity for 30 people.
Qaribu inn has fixed prices of Sh3,000 per person at the conference facility inclusive of meals while a single room costs Sh6,000 a night full board and Sh9,000 for a double room.
The hotel, said Nguiguti has started off well, getting conference business from the many organisations around Kabete area. However, he said, the transit stay and accomodation side of the business is still sluggish due to the poor performance of the tourism sector.
The tourism sector has been under performing over the last few years because of insecurity incidents related to terror attacks by al Shabab militia.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.