Valentine, I recently got a new job and I will be travelling a lot. This is perfect because I just got out of a horrible relationship and I want to play the field and doing it outside the country will be fun. Do you have tips? Are there things I shouldn’t do? I think you have lived outside the country, am I right?
Woo hoo! Happy New Year Brenda, you are about to get your groove back! Congratulations on your new job and can I just say, your energy is infectious, I just know you are about to have so much fun.
It is great that you want to experiment and that you want to do it safely, and yes you are right I have lived outside the country. So… where to start? Here are some tips:
- Carry your own condoms
- You could have the guy come back to your hotel, but get a separate room so he doesn’t necessarily know where to find you if he decides to stalk you after your one night stand.
- Have your own transport and some ‘mad money’ some cash that can take you back to your hotel… directions to your hotel written clearly and placed in your wallet will also be great.
- Trust your instincts… our nervous systems pick up signs of danger and file them as uneasy feelings in our guts. If you feel uncomfortable, go with your gut, there are plenty of men to have flings with.
- Be polite in the morning even if you are in a hurry to get rid of your recreational partner… you shared some good times, he knows you are on transit, hence your exotic beauty, accent and the hotel room. Just be natural and go with the flow, I don’t think he will be expecting breakfast. If however you really hit it off and you happen to have a day of sightseeing available, you can invite him to tag along or show you around. If he is uninterested, do not take it personally, just like milk, one night stands curdle if you hang around too long.
- You might also want to let the people who you are there to see or meet, know that you are going out so that in case something happens, they know to look for you. They could give you some pointers about where to go.
- Try to minimise contact with this person… becoming Facebook friends and having their pictures with other women pop up on your news feed is unnecessary. Perhaps you can exchange emails.
- Get regular STD tests. Gonorrhea and chlamydia can scar your fallopian tubes and impair your fertility if left unchecked so be responsible and careful.
Have fun Brenda, it is going to be a sex filled 2015 for you.