Kitui teacher dies after drinking acid
A secondary school teacher in Kitui has passed away after allegedly drinking battery acid. The Wii Secondary School Chemistry teacher in Kitui central was declared clinically dead at the Kitui District Hospital where he had been rushed after drinking the acid. The teacher is said to have arrived home tipsy from work and proceeded to take the acid which he used on his motor bike. He began convulsing and foaming in the mouth. The area chief confirmed the death.
“When the teacher started convulsing and forming in the mouth, he was rushed to Kitui district hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. No one knows the motive behind his consuming the lethal acid,” Chief Eunice Kiema said. Up on receiving the information about the death of the teacher, the Kitui Kenya National Union of Teachers’ branch executive secretary, Joseph Makuthu, sent a message of condolences to the bereaved family. He called for the investigations to establish why the teacher decided to take the lethal acid. He said he suspected it was as a result of frustrations at his work place.