An unidentified middle-aged man committed suicide Sunday evening by hanging himself on a tree in the CBD along Moi Avenue, Nairobi.
The motive of the suicide was not immediately established as no suicide note was found on him.
Business people who operate around the scene of crime however said the victim is a common figure around Tom Mboya street.
A passer-by expressed disappointment on social media with the manner in which onlookers reacted to the incident.
In a Facebook post, Rosanna Mueni wondered why no one bothered to stop the man from killing himself in such a busy area.
"I thought I had my worst afternoon until now I have just seen someone hang himself in the CBD (a very busy area) just opposite Highlands Platinum and people are busy taking pictures instead of checking if he is dead or alive they can help by doing first aid."
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.