Three people were killed in Nakuru county during celebrations marking President Uhuru's re-election on Friday night.
Two died in Mai Mahiu as a vehicle rammed into Jubilee supporters who flooded the streets as soon as IEBC declared Uhuru winner.
Scores were injured after which irate residents torched the vehicle and blocked the Mai Mahiu-Limuru road.
James Njoroge, a witness, said the driver failed to slow down and ended up ramming part of the crowd.
"The injured were rushed to various hospitals with one of them dying on the way. Irate residents burnt the vehicle as those inside escaped," he said.
He said residents engaged police in running battled for a few hours before normalcy returned.
Another man was killed by a speeding car on the Nairobi-Nakuru highway while he celebrated Jubilee's win.
Father of the deceased Francis Njoroge said his son was among Jubilee supporters marching along the highway.
"My son George Njuguna was pronounced dead on arrival at the Gilgil subcounty hospital," he said.
Celebrations were peaceful in Naivasha town and went on until Saturday morning.
Chaos has mostly been experienced in Opposition strongholds.
A girl was shot dead in Mathare on Saturday morning as post-election protests intensified in the area.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.