ODM has won five MP seats out of the seven in the county.
Muhoroni MP Oyango K’Oyoo retained his seat after getting 50,080 votes on the ODM ticket, beating ANC's John Obera who got 6,470 votes.
Former area MP Ayiecho Olweny had filed a petition in court challenging K'Oyoo's nomination as the ODM candidate, saying the primaries were not properly done.
Last Sunday, two days to the election, the Supreme Court dismissed Olweny's application.
In Seme, incumbent James Nyikal retained his seat after garnering 32,540 votes.
In Nyakach, incumbent Aduma Owour retained his seat after garnering 55,772 votes, beating is opponents Ogondi Ogallo (independent) who got 1,882 votes and Jubilee’s Okolo Enos who has 433 votes.
Fred Outa won the Kisumu Central MP seat on the ODM ticket after garnering 80,682 votes, beating independent candidate Yusuf Ooro who had 4,398 votes.
Outa defeated incumbent Ken Obura in the ODM primaries.
In Nyando, Jared Okello clinched the seat as a newcomer after defeating his opponent with a huge margin.
Jared garnered 53,232 votes, while Jubilee's Michael Sidigu got 390 votes.
In Kisumu East, incumbent Shakeel Shabir retained his seat as an independent candidate after garnering 32,237 votes, beating ODM's Nicholas Oricho.
Shabir lost in the ODM primary, which he said was shambolic and unfair.
Kisumu West, MP Olago Aluoch retained his seat after garnering 32,703 votes on the Ford Kenya ticket.
He defeated ODM's John Awiti who got 21,311 votes.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.