There is no smoking gun. NASA has disputed the election results but there is no hard evidence of fraud so far.
The so-called hacking infiltration turned out to be the normal start-up and error logs when any database powers up.
Some Forms 34A delayed reaching the IEBC but party agents at polling stations received stamped copies before transmission. NASA is yet to produce a single Form 34A that does not match the copies at Bomas.
Then there is the apparent parallel path of Uhuru and Raila's votes. Uhuru started with a 13 per cent lead and ended with an 11 per cent lead. Was there a hidden multiplier keeping him in the lead?
This is simply explained. Polling stations sent in their results as soon as they had finished counting. Those polling stations were randomly distributed across the country. Therefore the earliest results were very similar to the final results.
The extent of Uhuru and Jubilee's victory was surprising, even shocking, but we should accept it and move on.
Kenya deserves peace and development.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.