Even though former South Mugirango MPs Manson Nyamweya and Omingo Magara unsuccessfully contested for governor and senator, their parties won two parliamentary seats each.
Magara is PDP’s party leader, Nyamweya is KNC’s boss. The two have not spoken since they lost.
In the Senate race, Magara was beaten by Sam Ongeri of ODM, and Nyamweya was third in the governor contest.
Governor James Ongwae was reelected and outgoing Senator Chris Obure was second.
Magara’s PDP clinched the Bonchari seat through Oroo Oyioka, while Innocent Momanyi won the Bobasi seat.
Both politicians ditched ODM.
Nyamweya’s KNC won the South Mugirango seat through Sylvanus Osoro, and the Bomachoge Chache was taken by youthful Alfah Miruka. The parties secured at least 10 MCA seats each. Only about 10 out of the 45 MCAs in the county regained their seats.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.