Former Interior CS, Joseph ole Lenku of Jubilee Party is Kajiado governor elect after being declared winner in the just concluded elections.
Lenku garnered 174,697 votes against his closest rival and incumbent, David Nkedianye of ODM who managed 146,652 votes.
Daniel Nina (PNU) came third with 4,029 votes and immediately conceded defeat while Nkedianye said he was not going to accept results “so soon”.
In the senate race, Philip Mpaayei (JP) scored 169,273 votes against ODM’s candidate, Daniel Tinaai, who managed 137,049 votes, while Paul Paitah (Independent) got 4,676 votes.
Kajiado Woman MP elect is nominated MP, Janet Teyiaa (JP) garnered 186,085 votes, followed by Esther Somoire of ODM with 104,486 votes.
Simayiai Rakita of Wiper Party managed 19,184 votes ahead of Marwa Martha of ANC with 4, 576 votes.
No presidential tallying was announced by the IEBC returning officer, Saadi Noor.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.