NASA lost to Jubilee and the Economic Freedom Party in Mandera – it did not win any elective seat.
The county voted overwhelmingly for Jubilee in the March 4, 2013, election.
Last year elders came up with a negotiated democracy deal and asked all elective office holders to pave way for a new breed of leaders.
The elders helped to form the EFP and endorsed former Rift Valley PC Hassan Noor to run for governor.
Governor Ali Roba, however, defied them and threw himself at the mercy of voters.
He ran a successful campaign and on Tuesday trounced Noor at the ballot.
As at 11.50am on Friday, Roba was in the lead with 68,459 votes, while Noor had 59,706.
In the senatorial race, Maalim Mohamud of JP was in the lead with 67,295 votes. Hassan Osman of EFP had 57,023 votes.
The results were from 374 out of 401 polling stations.
Woman rep candidate Amina Hassan of EFP was ahead with 58,369 votes against PDR’s Amina Ahmed's 35,198 and JP’s Ethila Issack 's 28,520.
In Lafey constituency, Abdi Ibrahim of EFP had 3,983 votes against JP's Shaaban Isaack's 3,515.
Bashir Abdullah of JP had garnered 23,028 votes in Mandera North constituency against 11,646 for Mohamud Ibrahim Abdi of EFP.
In Mandera East Omar Hassan of EFP had 11,440 votes against Hussein Mohamed of JP, who had 8,472.
In Mandera Central Kullow Maalim of EFP had 9,097 against JP’s Mohamed Abdi's 4,961.
Adan Ali of JP was in the lead with 11,030 votes against Mohamed Issack Hassan's 9,350 of JP in Mandera South constituency.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.