Opposition leader Raila Odinga is meeting IEBC leaders at Bomas of Kenya ahead of their presidential declaration later on Friday.
The NASA presidential candidate (ODM) arrived alongside his running mate Kalonzo Musyoka (Wiper) and other NASA chiefs.
Other Opposition leaders attending the meeting are chief agent Musalia Mudavadi (Amani National Congress leader) and alternate chief agent Siaya Senator James Orengo.
NASA's Deputy President candidate Kalonzo Musyoka arrives at the Bomas of Kenya national tallying centre with ahead the IEBC's announcement on the presidential election, August 11, 2017. /MONICAH MWANGI
The other NASA parties are Chama Cha Mashinani (Isaact Rutto) and Ford Kenya (Bungoma Senator Moses Wetang'ula).
President Uhuru Kenyatta is yet to arrive but Deputy President William Ruto and other Jubilee Party leaders are at the national tallying centre.
Earlier today, preparations including transporting the president's seat and deploying security were made.
Protocol and security teams at the national tallying centre will ensure smooth reception of the certificate by the winner.
Deputy President William Ruto upon arrival at Bomas of Kenya in Nairobi for IEBC announcement, August 11, 2017. /MONICAH MWANGI
Raila and other NASA chiefs have opposed the provisional presidential election results, alleging hacking of the IEBC server and other malpractices.
Following the Opposition's complaints, Jubilee and NASA teams went to Bomas to examine forms 34A and 34B from the 290 constituencies.
The Opposition is expected to issue a statement later today on their way forward.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.