Nigerian pop sensation D'banj, who got married in a private ceremony last year, has said why he hid his wedding from the public.
In an interview with THE BEAT 99.9 FM, D'banj said he kept his marriage a secret because he didn't want the complications of a celebrity relationship.
"I decided to keep my marriage to Didi a secret because, based on experience, relationships like this get mixed with media hype and speculation, and then it becomes complicated," D'banj said.
"I want to thank my close friends, parent and families for keeping this secret. You know the pressure to get married was this high, and mum told me she wants to see the girl I am dating and would want to marry. I told her that there was this babe and we didn't want to marry yet, but she insisted that she was the one for me, that we should have a small ceremony, and the rest is history. I'm glad I listened to her."
On June 2 last year, it was widely reported that D'banj had gotten married to a woman known as Lineo Didi Kilgrow. No photo and video of the wedding have been seen online.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.