People of all walks of life joined hands in an emotional send off of a loving mother Mary Wangechi, 75 who was laid at Kagwathi area, Tetu, Nyeri County.
Political leaders and government officials converged at Kagwathi Primary School ground where the mourners praised Wangechi, mother of tycoon Paul Wanderi for her good work of helping others in the society.
Wanderi who is a prominent businessman is the director of Mobicom Company. Two Cabinet Secretaries Mwangi Kiunjuri (Devolution) and Joe Mucheru (ICT) led the government side.
Speaker of the National Assembly Justin Muturi read the condolence message of President Uhuru Kenyatta. Others present were MPs Mary Wambui, Ndung'u Gethenji, Kanini Kega, Dennis Waweru and Nyeri Governor Samuel Wamathai. Nyeri Jubilee Nominees included Wahome Gakuru, Ngunjiri Wambugu and Rahab Mukami among others.
Nyeri County Commissioner Ngumo Karuku, President’s cousin Kung'u Muigai, businessman, Isaac Wandere and PS Secretary for Delivery and head of Presidential Delivery Unit Andrew Wakahiu were also in attendance.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.