Kasarani sub branch’s champs Terror Squad and their Makadara counterparts Makongeni Youth booked places in semi finals of East Zone in the ongoing Nairobi Governor Cup.
Also through to semis are Kamkunjis best Jijazie and Babadogo’s Korogocho Youth. Terror Squad played out to a 1-1 draw with Korogocho Youth at the Kariobangi North Primary School, a result that was enough for both teams to qualify. Army man Enock Mogire was on target for Terror Squad while America Jawa netted Korogocho’s goal.
At the City Stadium, Makongeni Youth confirmed their place in the last four with a 2-1 win over a dominant Reuben United. Goals from Kennedy Otieno and Godrick Juma did the job for Makongeni with Adams Usama’s equaliser at the stroke of halftime for Reuben United ending up as a mere consolation
Jijazie had earlier on thumped Kinsan 3-0. Morvo Papalai, James Okello and Vincent Nasa were on target for Jijazie. Kamkunji’s Golden Angels were winners in the girls’ category, brushing aside Soweto Queens 5-0. Grace Achieng, Sheila Rono, Catherine Achieng, Evelyn Juma and Jess Wangari were on the score sheet for the winners. The match between Mukuru Talents and Nairobi County Queens ended in a 0-0 stalemate
At Kariobangi North Primary School, Kariobangi Sports Ladies managed a 2-0 win over Star-studded Kayole Starlets. Diana Wacera and Mercy Achieng were on target for the victors, who consequently qualify for the quarters.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.