Three people were killed and 10 critically injured in an accident on Nairobi-Mombasa highway on Monday.
The Athi River accident involved a matatu that was ferrying passengers from Kitui to Nairobi at about 11.30am.
Its driver was speeding and overtaking when he collided with an oncoming lorry, said area police boss Shama Wario.
Wario said those injured were rushed to Shalom Community Hospital.
The matatu driver was among those who were killed.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.