The Sh300 million rescue cash President Uhuru Kenyatta promised to the Nzoia Sugar Company to pay farmers has not reached the company.
During a talk show at a local FM station, PR manager Gilbert Awino said, “We thank the President for giving us the Sh300 million as grant to pay farmers. However, the funds have not yet reached us. We would like them [farmers] to be patient.”
He said the funds are only for paying farmers and will not be used for any other activity.
The miller owes farmers Sh263 million.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.