NASA presidential candidate Raila Odinga requires unwavering numerical strength in the National Assembly and Senate to effectively discharge the duties of that office, Siaya Senator James Orengo (pictured) has said.
He said for Raila’s government to survive threats from the opposition, including impeachment, it needs to unilaterally control the Senate, National Assembly and county assemblies.
“Raila wants the six-piece voting pattern, including the governor, whom he can easily work with in reference to resource allocation and distribution,” Orengo said.
He warned that electing few ODM legislators will make Raila a lame-duck President who will be forced to dance to the whims of his opponents.
Orengo spoke on Saturday in Ulumba village, Ugunja constituency, during the burial of his paternal uncle Charles.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.