Mavoko MP Patrick Makau has rubbished claims he has bought a chopper with the CDF, accusing his opponents of spreading cheap propaganda.
“Honestly, I have done my best. Some people claim we have been receiving Sh125 million annually for the CDF in Mavoko, which is a lie. Go to the website and Google for the truth. You can also visit CDF offices to verify facts,” Makau said.
He spoke at Mavoko Primary School in Athi River on Friday where he commissioned two classrooms funded by the fund.
The MP laughed off the corruption allegations, saying his constituency has received Sh348 million since he came into office in 2013, which is not enough to buy a chopper.
“A chopper costs Sh500 million,” Makau said. “Wacheni fitina, hakuna pahali fitina itawapeleka [Stop the malice, it will take you nowhere] . Even if I have a chopper, I bought it with my own money,” he said.
Makau said those peddling lies should try to match the development projects he initiated in his constituency with the money received.
He said there is no tangible project in Mavoko by the Machakos government despite receiving Sh40 billion. “The Machakos government needs to be audited,” the MP said. Makau said he has renovated the infrastructure of public primary and secondary schools.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.