In the era we live in, rap music is greatly dominated by tough-guy attitudes all claiming the throne. Well, in the next couple of months, it might seem like reinvented star Nyashinski will be the man to beat.
Formerly of the music group Kleptomaniax, Nyashinski has come back to the music scene with a bang, releasing hit after hit.
Tracks Now You Know and Mungu Pekee might have seemed as typical comeback hits, but they've actually turned out to be the beginning of a fresh musical journey for the artiste.
On May 16, the chart-topping artist continued to thrill his fans as he dropped two instant hits, Malaika and Aminia.
The two tracks offered something we didn't expect, as the artiste managed to go against stereotypes and do something more with his music, and it worked.
Calling Nyash a rapper would be a misnomer. He knows how to impress all types of people: from those who want heavy banging hip hop tracks, to those who prefer soulful Christian tunes, to those who prefer to listen to romantic music. Well, he knows people take his music to heart, and that keeps him going.
His lyricism is sharp and his flow alternates between fierce spitting, impressive vocal capability, and earnestness. His delivery gets the job done.
One listen through Nyashinski's tracks and it is clear to see that he has many musical influences, which is impactful. The genre-transcending artiste is constantly releasing radio-destined hits.
At first glance, it seems like Nyash is just out to ride on the hype, but if you decide to give him a fair chance you will be moved. The rate at which he steadily continues to own the industry will make you think twice. Anyway, only time will tell.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.