Militias on Thursday shot dead an employee of Ol Maisor ranch in Laikipia outside his house at around 7.30 pm.
The staff at the ranch tried to save Duncan Murimi but he succumbed to the injuries.
"I tried to save him with my trauma kit after we collected him from the building where he was attacked."
"He died as I worked on him. I realised he had no chance when I saw his injuries but I did my best. It was hopeless," a source told the Star.
The source added that the militia, suspected to be from the Pokot community, did not steal anything but only killed the young man.
This came barely a week after another Ol Maisor Ranch employee was shot in the stomach by Pokot militias.
The bullet lodged in Athaju Eloto's back was removed at Nyahururu district hospital.
Eloto was part of the Ol Maisor security team assisting government law enforcement units trying to restore law and order.
The agencies are working with the teams as they are unfamiliar with the area's terrain.
Heavily armed Pokot and Samburu militias invading Laikipia have been fighting police and KDF.
The invaders have been terrorising businesses in the area in search of pasture and water as the drought bites.
They have also murdered and injured scores of smallholders, ranch employees, ordinary people including women and children.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.