NYSA will be seeking to bounce back to winning ways when they take on Jericho Fc in a Sportpesa Super 8 Premier League eighth round match at Ngong Posta grounds.
The Sportpesa Super 8 Division One winners, who have so far amassed 11 points, will face a determined Jericho side who are out to reduce the gap between them and table-toppers, Kawangware United, to at least a point. However, a win for NYSA will see them move to second, two points adrift.
Fredrick Otieno’s charges have had a poor run in the past one month after failing to win their last four games with their last coming in their 1-0 win against MASA.
Newcomers and on form Zamalek FC will be aiming to carry their unbeaten run into the fourth straight week when they travel to Ngong Posta grounds to tackle Ajax Youth FC who are sitting 15th with six points. Fresh from losing 2-1 to Jericho last week Ajax will be aiming for a positive resilience.
At Kabete ACK grounds, hosts Kabete United will be hoping to put behind their humiliating 0-3 defeat to Zamalek FC last week when they take on bottom placed Meltah Kabiria who have picked just five points from seven matches this season.
At Drive Inn, Metro Sports FC currently placed 8th with 10 points, will be searching for their first win in four attempts when they welcome defending champions Kayole Asubuhi. Having lost 3-1 away to Kawangware Metro will be forced to work harder for the three points and stop Asubuhi who are currently second with 15th and have not lost in their last four games.
Mohammed ‘Chameleon’ Zuberi will lead his Shauri Moyo Blue Stars at home against leaders Kawangware United at Ziwani grounds hoping to condemn the toppers to their defeat of the season. Blue Stars occupy 9th place have an uphill task against United who are sitting at the summit of the log with 19 points so far.
Ole Rongai is set to play seventh placed MASA at Nazareen grounds in Rongai in another tricky fixture as the hosts struggle to lift themselves from the base end of the log where they are placed second from the bottom with 5 points picked so far.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.