A middle aged woman has been killed by thugs in Mlolongo town, Machakos County.
Esther Mwongela was found lying unconsciously by the roadside at Kasina Estate at 5.00am on Wednesday morning after she was reportedly seriously beaten by thugs.
Mlolongo chief David Kilonzo said it is suspected the woman was gang raped before she was hit severally on the head using blunt objects.
Kilonzo who spoke to the Star in Mlolongo town on Wednesday said the thugs must had been people well known to the deceased.
“We suspect the thugs feared they could be exposed by the woman after they gang raped her making them silence her completely,” said Kilonzo.
Kilonzo said Mwongela who trades in “mandazi” in the estate was on her way home from the market where she had bought the commodity in wholesale for re-sale.
He said the deceased’s phone, mandazi and money were recovered at the scene of incident.
Kilonzo said the woman was pronounced dead on arrival at Shalom Community Hospital.
“The husband hired a vehicle and took her to Shalom Community Hospital in Athi River where she was pronounced dead on arrival,” said Kilonzo.
The body was moved to the facility’s mortuary.
Kilonzo condemned the incident.
He said police should pursue arrest and arraign in court the culprits who did the heinous act.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.