An incitement to violence case against Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel did not proceed in court yesterday as his lawyer was not available.
Amos Chweya, acting for James Orengo, said Orengo was engaged in party nominations.
Lempurkel appeared in court on November 18 and was released on a Sh300,000 bail. He was charged with using threatening words towards an officer in Rumuruti and threatening to burn a police station on July 31.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.