The hearing of a graft case against former Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute MD has been adjourned until September 18.
Milimani senior principal magistrate Felix Kombo put off the case to enable parties to prepare their case. Dr Geofrey Mutai, a former MD with KVVPI has denied two counts of abuse of office. The prosecution alleges that on January 20, 2014, at the Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institue headquarters in Nairobi, he used his office to improperly confer a benefit to Justus Kigen.
He is said to have executed a contract allowing him to utilise 70 acres of KVVPI land at Limuru before undertaking the necessary tendering processes.
Mutai is also accused of failing to comply with the law relating to procurement and also failing to comply with applicable procedures and guidelines. He is out on a Sh500,000 bond.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.