PNU will retain the Meru governor's seat, get a majority of MCA posts and several MP positions, Meru branch chairman Mutwiri Abuana said yesterday.
He said PNU has come up with strategies to win.
“[Meru Governor Peter] Munya has support in the whole of Meru. We will win with a large margin and this will demoralise our opponents as they will lack anything to claim they had same chances with Governor Munya. We are sure and confident to winning so many other elective posts,” he said.
Munya is also the national party leader.
Speaking in his Meru office, Abuana said PNU resolved to support the reelection of President Uhuru Kenyatta, despite NASA endorsing Munya and seemingly seeking his support during a rally in Meru recently.
“God has blessed us to have a patriotic, courageous, developmental and champion leader. PNU is dominant in Meru. This is why NASA leaders are courting Munya and you cannot control what a politician will say especially on wooing electorates. But even a lady is loved by many men and only one to marry her,” he said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.