Siaya governor aspirant Nicholas Gumbo (pictured) has said he will sack all employees under incumbent Cornel Rasanga if elected.
He accused them of misappropriating funds. Gumbo said the administration has no project to show for the four years it has been in office.
The Rarieda MP spoke in Uyawi village, Bondo, on Sunday. “Rasanga and his deputy were poor men in 2013, but four years down the line they are so rich that Rasanga is living in a palatial home in Segere. Where did he get the money to build a palace in less than a year?” Gumbo said.
He was with Bondo MP Gideon Ochanda and Siaya woman representative aspirant Florence Aluodo.
Ochanda accused Rasanga of not setting up any value-addition projects, not even a fish factory. “The governor has abandoned the lake to the hyacinth, instead of investing in it to boost the economy,” he said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.