Busia Public Works executive Bernard Yaite yesterday denied claims by an MCA that Sh3 million for constructing a bridge in his ward had been misappropriated.
On Saturday, Bukhayo North /Walatsi MCA Garddy Jakaa claimed that Sh3 million budgeted for Kapina bridge is missing. “A total of Sh5 million had been allocated for the bridge in my ward, but Sh3 million has disappeared,” Jakaa told Busia Governor Sospeter Ojaamong.
Ojaamong told the MCA to tread carefully and avoid tarnishing other people’s names without tangible evidence.“Stop playing populist politics and focus on your oversight role,” the governor said.
Yesterday, Yaite produced the revised budget for 2016-17 for Busia dated February 7, showing only Sh2 million was allocated for the project.
He said claims by the MCA that Sh3 million has been embezzled is a figment of his imagination. “It’s clear that only Sh2 million was allocated to the project, not Sh5 million as insinuated by the MCA,” Yaite said.
Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya. Note that:
- Unwarranted personal abuse and defamatory statements will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.