Busia Public Works executive Bernard Yaite yesterday denied claims by an MCA that Sh3 million for constructing a bridge in his ward had been misappropriated.
On Saturday, Bukhayo North /Walatsi MCA Garddy Jakaa claimed that Sh3 million budgeted for Kapina bridge is missing. “A total of Sh5 million had been allocated for the bridge in my ward, but Sh3 million has disappeared,” Jakaa told Busia Governor Sospeter Ojaamong.
Ojaamong told the MCA to tread carefully and avoid tarnishing other people’s names without tangible evidence.“Stop playing populist politics and focus on your oversight role,” the governor said.
Yesterday, Yaite produced the revised budget for 2016-17 for Busia dated February 7, showing only Sh2 million was allocated for the project.
He said claims by the MCA that Sh3 million has been embezzled is a figment of his imagination. “It’s clear that only Sh2 million was allocated to the project, not Sh5 million as insinuated by the MCA,” Yaite said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.