Right after the Facebook-owned messaging service company upgraded to a new version of the service, most people have found it hard adapting to it.
Most of our folks had to ask around so as to know how to navigate around the service as they could not see the contacts part by itself if they wanted to search for someone.
The old text status was done away with making way to a new video/image like status, Snapchat kind of stories feature, which disappears within 24 hours.
The company had hoped that the new image/video stories would serve a similar function as the text-based statuses.
Just like other apps such as Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Facebook’s regular app, the WhatsApp version of Snapchat stories allows users to post pictures and videos that disappear after 24 hours.
The company has confirmed that it will bring back its old text status message feature after facing a backlash from its users.
Some people preferred to keep informative status about what they were up to or what was in their minds that probably would go for a longer duration but the new feature only allows for a status to go for a day only, that is 24 hours.
More so, some people prefer this new feature to the old one thus they should not fear, as both of the features will still be available.
The status feature should be rolling out to Android users in the next week, and to iOS users at a later date.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.