Samsung Electronics announced that the new Facebook video app for TV is available on the company’s TVs, including its 2017 QLED TV lineup.
The new Facebook video app for TV is a new way to enjoy Facebook videos on a bigger screen. Through the app, users can watch videos shared by friends or Pages they follow, top live videos from around the world, and recommended videos based on their interests.
The app will be available on all of its 2015, 2016, 2017 Smart TV models. Further solidifying its role as the global leader in TV, Samsung is the only TV manufacturer that will support the app at its launch.
“It is a pleasure to bring the world’s social network to our Smart TV users, as well as continue to see their value, as a platform, growing,” said Jung Hyun Park, Vice President and Managing Director of Samsung Electronics East Africa Ltd.
“We will continue in our innovation on various fronts, including technologies and partnerships, to make sure our consumers can enjoy a wider variety of services,” he added.
For you to access the app, you can simply log into their Samsung Smart Hub and download the application. Follow the prompt given for a one-time Facebook login, and then you can begin enjoying and discovering features on the service.
Users will also now be able to control all devices connected to their TV via one source using the Samsung One Remote. Additionally, you can now enjoy their favorite live TV programs and video-on-demand services directly on TV with a simple click on Smart View mobile app.
This enhanced Smart Hub platform was rolled out on the company’s new QLED TV lineup at CES 2017. Samsung’s QLED TV uses a new metal Quantum Dot material – making it possible for the TV to express a significantly improved range of color and peak brightness with much greater detail compared to conventional TVs.
The new QLED TV becomes the first ‘100 percent color volume’-verified TV. Color volume, which is the exacting standard of color expression, measures two elements of the TV with a three-dimensional space – the color gamut and the brightness level.
“The ‘100 percent color volume’ verification awarded to our company’s QLED TV signifies the excellence of our product and its revolutionary picture quality. As the global TV market leader for 11 consecutive years, we are thrilled to be leading the TV industry into a world of Quantum dot-powered displays featuring the best available picture quality,” said Jung Hyun Park, Vice President and Managing Director of Samsung Electronics East Africa Ltd.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.