Blankets and Wine festival 2017’s first edition is set to happen on Sunday, April 9th, 2017 at Ngong Racecourse Waterfront starting from noon. This year the festival is set to be even bigger and better.
Coming off last year’s successful performances by Aloe Blacc, Estelle, and Kool & the Gang, the April 9th B&W Nairobi Festival will be headlined by AKA, the “Supa Mega” hip-hop star from South Africa. He is a multiple award nominee and winner, both internationally and locally. Some of his hit songs include Victory Lap, The World is Yours and All Eyes on Me.
We’ll also be enchanted by the revolutionary soul sounds of Nigerian/German Nneka, whose evergreen hits like Heartbeat, Africans, and Lucifer, are bound to move the audience.
Kenyan urban soul Fena Gitu, will take it back to the East African scene, where she is currently dominating with hit tracks like Kama Kawaida, and Sema Ng’we. The opening act is set to be a showcase set by the next generation of artists and creatives, identified as Nu Nairobi, and end with Producer/DJ Suraj who will close out the night with his signature sound of electronic beats over ethnic tribal vibes.
Following the theme “Made in KE”, a specially curated pop-up area hass been created featuring talented and globally resounding fashion and accessories designers from Kenya -all with special promotional pricing that can’t be found elsewhere.
Guests can explore a wide offering of dining options, at a great price from a long list of restaurants, insta-chefs, and street-food vendors bringing their most popular dishes to B&W. In an effort to bring more excitement to Sunday family time, B&W is re-imagining the ideas of “Play”, incorporating more parent-child activities that will keep everyone engaged and having fun.
"We’re excited to be back and build on our amazing 2016. In addition to the great festival people have grown to love, we’ve got some new tricks up our sleeves that will make the day even more special. We can’t wait to see you all in April,” said Muthoni Ndonga, Founder of Blankets & Wine and Creative Director, GoodTimes Africa.For guests interested in attending all 3 B&W Nairobi festivals in April, July, and December, season pass tickets are available at a special discount rate of only 5980 Ksh. For April’s festival specifically, we’re offering special early bird tickets for KSh2000, advanced tickets for KSh3000 , and door tickets for KSh3500; all of which can be purchased ahead of time at BlanketsAndWine.com.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.