The curtains came down on what has been an exciting and engaging month-long affair as the glamorous The Asian Weekly Achievers Awards (Tawaa) 2017 award-ceremony took place at the Loresho SightFirst Eye Hospital on March 4.
Fashion was at the brim as many came in style. It was a massive event with an august gathering of approximately 600 people attending the glamorous evening
Among the notable guests present at the ceremony were Indian High Commissioner Suchitra Durai, University of Nairobi Chancellor Dr Vijoo Rattansi, human rights lawyer and poet Pheroze Nowrojee and Asian Foundation chairman Dr Chandu Sheth, among other dignitaries.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.