Jubilee suffered a major blow after several leaders affiliated to the party separately defected to ODM and Narc Kenya on Friday.
Among those who shifted allegiance was Turkana Central MP John Lodepe who move to Raila Odinga's ODM party.
The MP, elected through Deputy President William Ruto's defunct URP party, was received by Raila at Lokichar, Turkana county.
Tharaka Nithi Governor Samuel Ragwa, deputy governor and 12 MCAs also ditched Jubilee for former Gichugu MP Martha Karua's Narc Kenya.
Ragwa - elected through the defunct TNA; and the Nithi leaders were received by the party officials at the headquarters.
Lodepe is the only MP among the six in the county who is closely working with Turkana Governor Josphat Nanok.
He is said to be Nanok's preferred running mate in the August poll.
More on this: Turkana Central MP to stand for governor in 2022
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.