A woman was killed and eight others injured in an accident in Molo at about noon on Tuesday.
The accident involved a matatu that was heading to Molo from Elburgon.
Witnesses said the driver was speeding when one of the car's tyres burst, causing it to roll several times.
They said those injured were taken to Molo subcounty hospital.
Molo traffic base commander Moses Nderitu asked PSV operators to ensure their vehicles are roadworthy.
The body was taken to the hospital's mortuary.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.