If constructing or buying a house, one of the biggest decor headaches can be dressing your windows, especially since they come in all shapes and sizes. Well nowadays, this should not be a problem. A variety of solutions exist for any window type or shape. From a range of blinds, to shutters or curtains, no window is too large or too complex to get a proper cover.
These control the amount of light entering a room. Through changing the angle of the lamellaes, you can control the direction of the sunlight to create a unique atmosphere. Other than being a decorative and heat control element, these blinds also protects the room from overheating. They are ideal for roof windows.
- The standard ARS roller blindoffers protection from sunlight and can also be an element of decoration in the attic. The ARS roller blind reduces the amount of incoming light, adds style to the room, and the wide range of fabric designs (plain, patterned) allows you to match or contrast the blind’s material with the decor of a room. This blind is made up of material on a roller with the spring. It has an elegant aluminium fascia which hides the roller. Three pairs of fastenings installed on the sash allow the blind to be fixed in different positions.
- ARP roller blind : It has similar characteristics as the ARS roller blind, the only difference being that the latter has three different fixing positions.
- ARF roller blind: gives a room a total blackout such that the inside of a room appears as if it is night time even during the day. Unlike the other blinders, they have side runners which give the room a complete interior blackout. It prevents heat loss in the winter and protects against UV radiation during sunny days.
They provide a soft diffused light into the room. You can lock this blind in any position.
These are the best for those seeking a window cover that will offer extra benefits. The roller shutter protects from overheating, gives the room complete shading and the best bit about it is that it also locks out noise from outside hence keeping the room serene.
Ovation cellular slider
This cover is ideal for wide windows, over doors, wide windows and room dividers. It comes in a variety of stacking options that work for any window and room. It is child-proof, hence safer because it has no cords or wands that are exposed.
With more sophisticated house designs, comes windows of various shapes. Shutters are no longer just built in rectangular or square shape. Manufacturers have responded to market needs with new shapes of shutters such as octagon, rake, circle, eyebrow and arch, to ensure that all types of windows can get a matching shutter. If your window is shaped like a half moon or an eyebrow, arched window shutters will give these windows a streamlined look.
Window arch shades
Arched windows are stylish and give a room an elegant appearance. However, dressing them with a curtain can be very difficult. Enter the window arches which are made either from wood or faux wood. You can also choose a stationary, moveable, or top down/bottom up option to customise window arch to your needs. Installation is easy: no drill, no screws, no brackets - just peel and stick.
Lastly, however odd-shaped or large a window is, interior designers and curtain makers are very experienced in creating customised window dressings for the most awkward shapes and styles. There may be several options – and combinations of treatments – that will work, and your designer should be able to draw up a few examples for you to consider.
These are not a window dressing accessory but will help you manage a cover, especially if its a dressing that has to be managed manually. These rods are used for opening windows that are out of reach and can also double up as hooks for opening and closing the shutters, blinds etc that are above normal level.
Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya. Note that:
- Unwarranted personal abuse and defamatory statements will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.