Tension is high in Lamu County after three people were reportedly killed by suspected al Shabaab militia on Sunday.
It is reported that the attackers who were heavily armed raided a village at Kaisari in Pandanguo, Lamu County.
Major security operation to flush out the militia group is underway in the area.
The attack comes barely five days after al Shabaab staged another ambushed on administration police vehicle and killed seven at Baure along the Hindi Kiunga road.
On Saturday, word went round there were suspicious people crossing Witu heading to Kipini but they went towards Nairobi ranch area.
Lamu Deputy Governor Eric Mugo said he had been warned by security personnel not to hold a meeting at Witemere Farm in Baharini ward, Mpeketoni area, where there is a dispute over a Sh21 billion wind energy project.
He moved the meeting to the chief’s camp which has an AP camp.
“We have had to hold the meeting here for security reasons, because the other area is not safe as per security advice," he said.
Lamu county has had several attacks since the deadly Mpeketoni attack that killed over 60 people.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.