Cornel Rasanga has asked all Cord governors to eject President Uhuru Kenyatta’s portraits from their offices and replace it with that of Raila Odinga.
Rasanga pointed out that all the 24 Governors should show honour to Cord leadership and hang Raila's portrait.
The Siaya governor said devolution Principal Secretary Josephta Mukobe has witnessed Raila’s portrait in his office after visiting last Week.
“I am told that the PS informed other people that in Rasanga’s office you will only find his portrait and Raila’s alone,” he said.
Rasanga was speaking during a joint memorial service of the late Jaramogi Oginga Odinga and Fidel Odinga at Jaramogi University grounds in Bondo on Saturday.
“We only need to hang our portraits as Governors and that of Raila in our offices. The other one (President Uhuru Kenyatta’s) we don’t need,” said the Governor to a cheering crowd.
He said that it only takes a courageous man to do that.
“You remember it is only me of all the Governors in the Country who declared a public holiday when we launched our Okoa Kenya drive. The matter went to the Senate and Orengo (Siaya Senator) defended it as lawful,” he said.
During the ceremony, Rasanga also appealed to Cord Governors to release funds for ID and voter registration.
He noted that it is only through mass voter registration that the Coalition will ascend to power in 2017.
Cord principles Raila Odinga, Moses Wetang’ula and Martha Karua were among other leaders present.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.